MEFGA supports Georgia’s AVTF teachers by helping them through the school video production certification process.
Georgia is always looking for excellent teachers. Here are some resources to join the ranks of the states most qualified educators.
Certification Path for Audio Video Technology & Film Teachers
Teacher certification rules in the field of Audio Video Technology & Film (AVTF) allow individuals to enter the teaching profession based on occupational experience in the field and the minimum education level required by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC).
For the area of Broadcast and Video Production, the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GAPSC) requires that teaching candidates must:
- Hold an associate’s degree or higher in broadcast and video production OR communication OR a PSC determined equivalent.
- Have at least 2 years of occupational work experience in the field.
Broadcast Educational Societies
Professional Development Opportunities
AVTF Industry Certified Programs
- Georgia Industry Certified AVTF Programs
- Lamar County High School – Lamar County – 2023
- Meadowcreek High School – Gwinnett County – 2022
- CCI Academy – Douglas County – 2022
- Chamblee High School – Dekalb County – 2022
- Harrison High School – Cobb County – 2022
- Midtown High School – Atlanta Public Schools -2022
- Mount Zion High School – Clayton County – 2022
- Dunwoody High School – Dekalb County – 2022
- Buford High School – Buford City Schools – 2021
- Lambert High School – Forsyth County – 2021
- Daniel M. Therrell High School – Atlanta Public Schools -2021
- North Atlanta High School – Atlanta Public Schools – 2021
- Benjamin E. Mays High School – Atlanta Public Schools – 2021
- Maynard H. Jackson High School – Atlanta Public Schools – 2021
- Forsyth Central High School – Atlanta Public Schools – 2021
- Thomas County Central High School – Thomas County – 2021
AVTF Program Industry Certification Standards
- Georgia Industry Certification Standards
- Standard #1 – Organization & Administration
- Standard #2 – Learning Resources
- Standard #3 – Students
- Standard #4 – Instructional Staff
- Standard #5 – Facilities and Equipment